1. How can we get started?
Oceanit is continuing to refine the Scanite production process scale-up while continuing work on metamaterial and detector optimization. We are seeking partnerships and field trials. Get in touch if you are a O&G service company, operate existing wells or fields, are an acoustic tool developer, or have other target applications.
2. How does Scanite work?
When exposed to an acoustic frequency, Scanite exhibits a frequency response band gap behavior. Scanite is easily ‘read’ using existing acoustic logging tools. The band gap shift indicates mechanical loading level and possible absence of voids in the cement.
3. How can Scanite reduce reservoir uncertainty?
Enhanced detection of:
- Zonal isolation – safety and efficiency
- Channeling, micro-annulus, fractures
- Lightweight and foam cements
- Radial mapping, multi-annular inspection, P&A
- Geo-mechanical and well mechanics information
- Stress detection, pressure monitoring in cement
4. How does Scanite return well integrity intelligence?
Wireline logging tools:
- Deep shear wave
- Fiber-optic DAS
- Smart balls/probes
5. What are some key findings on Scanite?
- Oceanit’s smart sensing cement provides improved cement-void contrast and stress detection.
- acoustic band gap effect and load dependence were demonstrated in lab, sub-scale, and pilot field studies
- Scanite has the potential to enhance well integrity diagnostics and provide insight into subsurface mechanics.
If you have more questions about Scanite, please use the contact form to get in touch with us!
Oceanit is a global innovation company founded in 1985. We are a skilled group of scientists, engineers, and entrepreneurs who take pride in solving some of the world’s most challenging technical problems. We transition deep science into innovative products, services, and experiences.